Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disorder, inflicted by the herpes simplex virus or HSV. There are two kinds of herpes – HSV, HSV1 which affects mostly the lips and it can infect the genital area too, and the other is the HSV type 2, which is the usual cause of genital herpes but can infect the mouth too. In both cases, sores develop around the infected area, the sores are called lesions.
It is easier to prevent an STI than treating it after getting infected. The basic mantra is to practice safe sex. Genital herpes pictures show how badly the area infected by the virus gets soared. So, it is better to keep a check than be careless. These herpes pictures really hit your heart hard so it’s better to take preventive measures.
There are some pointers which help in the prevention of the disease.
- It is advised that one should discuss the topic with one’s partner before establishing any sexual relationship. It is good if you try and find out if your partner is at any risk for an STI, as sometimes it is quite possible that you get infected and not know about it.
- Any sexual contact should be avoided if you or your partner has any symptoms of the infection or; if any one of the partners is being treated for the same. It is wise to be responsible than to have any person infected.
- Do not have sex with more than one partner at a time. It is seen that people keeping sexual relationship with one partner at a time are at lower risk of getting infected by HSV.
- The use of condoms is advised to prevent genital herpes. Condoms must be used with a new partner and must be in place before any contact. Both make and female condoms are available in the market and can be used. The use of condoms can be done also when birth control pills are being used as contraception.
Cure for Genital Herpes
Cure for genital herpes is done to treat and heal the sores caused by the virus. Genital herpes pictures show that the virus causes a lot of discomfort in the area affected and hence it is advised to start the treatment as soon as the symptoms are identified.
- Initial Treatment: Most people find quick relief from the blisters or sores for the first time by taking anti-viral medicines, such as Zovirax, Famvir or, Valtrex. Home treatment can be done by taking warm sitz baths and wearing cotton underwear to escalate the process of healing.
- Ongoing Treatment: for recurrent outbreaks, people may take antiviral every day to reduce the time taken for the healing of sores and reduce the time of the recurrent outbreak. Anti-viral reduce the outbreaks by one or two times in a year. The dosage can be higher if the symptoms of recurrent outbreaks are detected and the medicine is taken for 2 or 3 days.
You can find out how to cure genital herpes using only safe, natural products and techniques by checking out The Ultimate Herpes Protocol – the best selling guide available online now.
My grandmother is getting on in years and starting to forget things. She cannot remember, for instance, things that she said to people or how to complete some of the simplest of tasks. We have thought about placing her in a senior center where she can be more closely supervised, but we first have to look at the pros and cons of assisted living for seniors.
I think the biggest pro of assisted living for seniors is the constant supervision they are under. I know that she will be a lot more safe with nurses and health care professionals around than she will be in her second story apartment. If anything were to happen, she would have someone there to help her immediately and would not have to worry about some of the difficulties that seniors sometimes face, such as getting up after falling or being able to get out of the bath tub.
Another big pro when it comes to assisted living for seniors is that she would be around people of her own age. We try to spend as much time with her as possible, but the reality is that we all have our own lives, and are just not interested in many of the same things she is. If she was at an assisted living facility, she would be able to socialize and go on outings and have that companionship that she is really lacking right now.
Probably the biggest con to an assisted living for seniors facility is the lack of freedom she would have. She has always been able to live in her own place and make her own decisions. It is apparent that she takes a lot of pride in how she keeps her home and her independence. Those things would be largely gone with a move to such a place, and I can only imagine how that would feel for her.
Another problem with an assisted living for seniors center is that she hates the idea of being isolated from the rest of her family. While she does live on her own, she is only a few blocks from practically every member of our family in either one direction or the other. She likes the neighborhood really well and has everything she needs within walking distance. It would be a major adjustment for her.
Ultimately, I think what it will come down to is just how much of a threat we feel she poses to herself and other people. I do not want her to have to move into an assisted living for seniors facility without seriously discussing it and making sure that it is our only option. However, I do want to make sure that she is not going to do anything that could jeopardize her own well-being at the same time.
Since the two Pauls paired up in 1995, their performances – concerts, ceilidhs and social dances – have featured on radio and TV, at clubs, village halls and festivals throughout the UK, Germany and the States. Recordings include an album for Beautiful Jo Records, two with Ian Bruce as the Breezeband and four on the Wild Goose label.
Theyve also had a spell at an Aberdeen wedding video company and tried their hand at making custom jewellery, believe it or not?!
Whilst the previous album, John Playford’s Secret Ball, is a celebration of the 350th anniversary of the first edition of The Dancing Masterand. These albums are follow-ups to the highly acclaimed albums, One Too Many and Drop the Reed