Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disorder, inflicted by the herpes simplex virus or HSV. There are two kinds of herpes – HSV, HSV1 which affects mostly the lips and it can infect the genital area too, and the other is the HSV type 2, which is the usual cause of genital herpes but can infect the mouth too. In both cases, sores develop around the infected area, the sores are called lesions.
It is easier to prevent an STI than treating it after getting infected. The basic mantra is to practice safe sex. Genital herpes pictures show how badly the area infected by the virus gets soared. So, it is better to keep a check than be careless. These herpes pictures really hit your heart hard so it’s better to take preventive measures.
There are some pointers which help in the prevention of the disease.
- It is advised that one should discuss the topic with one’s partner before establishing any sexual relationship. It is good if you try and find out if your partner is at any risk for an STI, as sometimes it is quite possible that you get infected and not know about it.
- Any sexual contact should be avoided if you or your partner has any symptoms of the infection or; if any one of the partners is being treated for the same. It is wise to be responsible than to have any person infected.
- Do not have sex with more than one partner at a time. It is seen that people keeping sexual relationship with one partner at a time are at lower risk of getting infected by HSV.
- The use of condoms is advised to prevent genital herpes. Condoms must be used with a new partner and must be in place before any contact. Both make and female condoms are available in the market and can be used. The use of condoms can be done also when birth control pills are being used as contraception.
Cure for Genital Herpes
Cure for genital herpes is done to treat and heal the sores caused by the virus. Genital herpes pictures show that the virus causes a lot of discomfort in the area affected and hence it is advised to start the treatment as soon as the symptoms are identified.
- Initial Treatment: Most people find quick relief from the blisters or sores for the first time by taking anti-viral medicines, such as Zovirax, Famvir or, Valtrex. Home treatment can be done by taking warm sitz baths and wearing cotton underwear to escalate the process of healing.
- Ongoing Treatment: for recurrent outbreaks, people may take antiviral every day to reduce the time taken for the healing of sores and reduce the time of the recurrent outbreak. Anti-viral reduce the outbreaks by one or two times in a year. The dosage can be higher if the symptoms of recurrent outbreaks are detected and the medicine is taken for 2 or 3 days.
You can find out how to cure genital herpes using only safe, natural products and techniques by checking out The Ultimate Herpes Protocol – the best selling guide available online now.